Let's face it, the Republican Party does not actually support or believe in conservative ideas. So here are some reasons why you the Republican Conservatives should quit the GOP and join the LP.
1) The GOP establishment is continuously trying to abandon conservatism, and is at war with liberty. When Republicans run for office, they lie about being conservative and then move to the left. Consider GOP darling and liar Marco Rubio, while running for office he opposed amnesty for illegals, now he wants to make them citizens. It is clear that conservatives cannot trust Republicans in Congress to just do the right thing. If it weren't for grass roots organizations like the NRA and GOA you could be confident that the Republicans would cave to the Democrats on gun control, etc. They cannot be expected to actually do the jobs they were sent to Congress to do the way they claimed they would do while running for office.
2) The GOP establishment prefers liberals not conservatives, ALWAYS! The GOP leaders consistently back the liberal Republican over the Conservative or Libertarian Republican. It backed Arlen Specter over Pat Toomey, David Dewhurst over Ted Cruz, Bob Bennett over Mike Lee, Trey Grayson over Rand Paul and Charlie Crist over Marco Rubio. Our two top "leaders" in the Senate, Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn, both endorsed now Democrat Charlie Crist over Marco Rubio. The best and brightest of the GOP in the Senate are universally opposed by the GOP establishment. The message this sends to conservatives is, "You guys scare the crap out of us, and we'd rather back future Democrats like Charlie Crist and Arlen Specter than real conservatives."
3) The GOP keeps staying with the same failed people over and over again. Why are John Boehner and Mitch McConnell still in charge in Congress. What results has their "leadership" provided? McConnell has been outmaneuvered and outsmarted by Harry Reid at every turn. RNC chair Reince Priebus can raise money ok, but failed as RNC leader. The 2012 Senate sucked, didn't get anything done, and caved on almost everything, yet the same people were chosen again for leadership.
4) The ruling elite of the GOP establishment don't produce results. When the GOP was in power, they implemented Medicare Part D and wanted comprehensive immigration reform, instituted no child left behind, and spent like drunken sailors. The GOP establishment trashed any real conservatives or libertarians and gave the country John McCain or Mitt Romney because they were "electable" while both are liberals who ran from social issues, and promote big government at every turn. When the GOP establishment gets its way, they lose. The GOP ruling elite offer defeat, the LP may not win a lot of elections, but then at least they are principled. The GOP establishment offers you not only losing elections by acting liberal, but losing your respect and trust for compromising and lying about being "conservative."
5) The want to lose. Well they'd rather a liberal win over a real conservative. They run nasty campaigns against conservatives but then play nice and act like wussies when fighting democrats. Where ware Romney's attacks against Obama the way he attacked his GOP opponents. Playing nice with Democrats isn't doing the conservative cause any good. Obama is talking about overruling Congress with executive orders and minting trillion dollar platinum coins. Listening to the GOP establishment, they are acting like all is well and it's just business as usual in Washington. The GOP establishment is content to sit on the sidelines and watch Obama usurp their power and authority. The GOP controls all spending, they can say no to any spending increases, all spending and tax laws must start in the HOUSE. They have no guts to actually stand for what they believe, and have proven it.
6) The GOP doesn't represent the your values as much as the Libertarian Party does. It is clear that conservative values and beliefs have been abandoned by GOP establishment officials. You simply can't trust establishment Republicans the way liberals can trust Democrats like Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. You can always trust Pelosi and Reid to turn left if they have the chance. You can't say that of Jeb Bush, John Boehner, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Joe Scarborough, Mitch McConnell, John Cornyn, Peggy Noonan, Kathleen Parker, David Frum, Mike Murphy, Steve Schmidt, Reince Priebus, Karl Rove, David Brooks, Megan McCain, Bob Dole, Chris Christie, or Mitt Romney. They may be nice guys but they clearly don't support a conservative movement, you can't trust them to make a conservative choice or stand on conservative principles. Their agenda is clearly statist, not conservative. You may not agree 100% with Libertarians, but you can certainly trust them to do as they say far more than your current establishment.
The GOP establishment is for the government, not you the average Republican. They take you for granted, so why not go where you'd be appreciated, and accepted. The LP is not monolithic pot smoking anarchists, and no, the LP may not match your values perfectly, but the GOP lies to you saying they represent your values while doing the opposite. The values and objectives of the Libertarian Party are far closer to your own than the establishment Republican Party. Supporting the Republicans certainly hasn't proved effective in promoting your values. Make the switch and make a difference. Join the LP.
Do you want to know what the LP really stands for? Here are our objectives, they are a lot closer to your beliefs than anything the GOP establishment has or is offering.
Find out more by reading our platform at http://www.lpf.org/the-lpfs-platform.