Our rights do not originate with government, but they are to be "secured" by government.

Monday, June 15, 2009

My New Retirement Plan

I'm thinking of following in my Grandfather's Footsteps. He was rum-runner, bootlegger, independent boatman, or whatever else you call a man who purchased Canadian whisky in Windsor, and transported it across the Detroit river for resale in the 20's. Read my essay on Prohibition Here

Believe it or not the Republicans are calling for a ban on cigarettes (all tobacco products). If politics goes as Republican Tom Coburn plans all tobacco products will be illegal. I'm sure that if that happens I'll be able to retire in 2 or 3 years from running bootleg cigs. This is a cash plan that can't fail.

For all the same reasons that the above link to my discussion on prohibition mentions this will be a colossal failure for the government, hurt millions of citizens, but for a few willing to ignore the law, will be a very profitable enterprise.

Why doesn't our government learn that more liberty not less in virtually every instance is better for the people, the government, and society.

No comments:

Post a Comment